Posts Tagged ‘development’

Switch from MLO to Things

November 4th, 2009

After month of using MyLifeOrganized (MLO) within Parallels under Mac (and years using it under plain old Windows) I finally made the switch to a native and amazing Mac OS Software: Things.

The only reason to wait so long for the switch was the data in MLO. There was no converter and using copy & paste for ~1500 entries was way to much for a lazy programmer. So I wrote a converter and yes – here we are. After processing 1h all entries are there including german umlauts, I love UTF8. Ok, much work to do after the move as I have used a deep hirachy within my outline in MLO, but better than nothing.